Following the 1997 Supreme Court Judgment in the case of Vishakha and others and as per the directives of UGC and Pt. Ravi Shankar Shukla University, Raipur (C.G.), the Women Cell has been constituted in our college to uphold the dignity of women at the workplace by developing a conducive atmosphere on the campus, where the status of women is respected and they are treated with Pursuant of the Directives of “The Sexual Harassment of women at workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013, notified by the Ministry of law and Justice which has come into effect from 23rd April 2013, the internal Complaints Cell has also been established.
- To provide a respected identity to women and to help maintain a harmonious atmosphere at the Institute to enable women to pursue their work with dignity and reassurance.
- To create awareness amongst students about the problems faced by women of all strata due to gender issues.
- To create an environment of gender justice where men and women work together with a sense of personal security and dignity.
- To create awareness amongst students about the issues related to youth, girls in particular.
- To disseminate knowledge about rights and laws related to women.
- To create a sense of responsibility in the students and have healthy study and work culture in college.
- To enhance the self-esteem and self-confidence of girl students, women faculty and the employees.
- To develop the critical thinking ability of students.
Women Cell: The women cell of the college has been dealing with problems of girl students and women employees of the college and has also been organizing awareness activities and workshops/ lectures for women’s welfare.